How can XDI help?
- Assess on-site and surrounding risks using XDI’s unique meshing capability
- Reduce climate risks through adaptation actions
- Develop cost-effective adaptation pathways to inform capex and opex
In this use case, the client provided address locations and building types for all of their 1500 assets. XDI then conducted a high level risk assessment across the portfolio, exposing 6 different building types (including supermarket, low rise structure, and control room) to a number of hazards under multiple future scenarios.
The analysis was delivered to the client in a report identifying high, medium and low risk assets.
XDI then took those assets and conducted an in depth analysis of each one, exposing them to multiple hazards at 5 year intervals until 2100.
Now that they understood the risk to assets in detail, the client wanted to assess the cost benefit of multiple adaptation pathways for select assets.
To facilitate this, XDI uploaded the analysis into its interactive risk visualisation tool, XDI Globe, where the client was able to explore the impact of various adaptation measures. The client then used these results to engage engineering firms to implement upgrades to assets to ensure resilience and provide security to future operations.
Metrics provided included
- Maximum Value at Risk (MVAR)
- Technical Insurance Premium
- Failure Probability
- Hazard breakdown of MVAR
XDI’s analysis provided the client with the actionable data and insights they needed to introduce adaptation measures that would reduce their risk and protect their assets. This included:
- Upgrades to cold storage facilities to manage future extreme temperatures
- Moving key high risk food depots to low risk sites
- Adapting construction plans to ensure facilities are built to withstand future potential weather hazards at selected locations
- Running due diligence assessments on potential sites of future supermarkets and storage to ensure minimal risk.
The analysis also provided data ready for integration into the client’s annual sustainability report, and was used to support recommendations for future work that would fold into their 2025 sustainability plan.
Having seen the benefit of physical climate risk analysis, the client is now talking to XDI about risk assessments of the following:
- Road networks and access to food storage facilities (if access networks are impacted, goods will perish)
- Surrounding community exposure to physical climate risk (to ensure the community is viable)
- Regional food security and supply chain
- Future site development: location risk assessment and building for resilience.
Secure, assurable results
Delivered how you need it
By physical climate risk specialists
Corporates: Reporting and disclosures (ISSB)
Corporates: Due diligence for a renewable energy project
Corporates: Due diligence for a brownfield infrastructure project
Corporates: Adaptation measures to ensure continued productivity
Our vision is not just to identify physical climate risks, but to mitigate them.
XDI can help you develop business plans for adaptation, helping you move from risk to resilience.
Talk to us today to find out more.