Join the Global Team
Job Opportunities at XDI
XDI is shifting the dial on Climate Change.
Our rapid growth in the delivery of physical climate risk analysis has created a number of exciting opportunities to join our global team.
Jobs at XDI
Mid-Senior Full Stack / Backend Developer
Australia – Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide
XDI/Climate Risk provides high-quality automated quantitative analysis and viable solutions for climate adaptation anchored in sound science. This helps organisations make informed decisions regarding climate impacts to their operations. Our work shapes their planning and helps them better serve the communities they are responsible to.
You’ll be joining a team of analysts, climate scientists, and programmers at an exciting time as the organisation prepares for its next stage of growth. Our ultimate purpose is to enable humanity to avoid dangerous climate change, and we need your help to make that happen.
- Experience building and designing web-based services
- Experience with agile methodologies and product planning
- Passionate about your craft and keen to grow as a developer as well as mentor others
- Motivated to use your skills to solve important problems
- Desire to influence technology choices and team culture
- $105-125K depending on experience (excl. super)
- Permanent role
- Flexibility with the option to structure hours around other commitments
- Flexibility/WFH with offices in Sydney, Adelaide and Newcastle
- Exposure to climate science, risk modelling, and data analysis
- A chance to help society tackle climate change and work on projects you can be proud of
Senior Scientist - Climate Change
Australia – Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide
You’ll be joining a team of analysts, scientists, engineers and programmers at an exciting time as the organisation prepares for its next stage of growth. Our ultimate purpose is to enable humanity to avoid dangerous climate change, and we need your help to make that happen.
Our science and tech team is based in two offices in Newcastle and Sydney. We also have an office in Adelaide, and remote team members working in Victoria and Qld.
Purpose of This Job:
- Work collaboratively with a small team of scientists, mathematicians and engineers todevelop solutions to the scientific problems facing the business.
- Work on projects that address the challenges of managing various forms of uncertaintywhich come from the data and the mathematical and computational techniques we use toestimate climate-related risks.
- Execute special research projects either individually or by managing a junior teamconcerning climate hazards and computation of impacts.
- Publish research in peer reviewed journals where appropriate.
Junior Environmental Scientist / Climate Analyst
Location – Sydney or Newcastle, NSW
We’re seeking a Junior Environmental Scientist / Climate Analyst to support our project team. This role is aimed at both recent graduates or those with 2-3 years experience.
Purpose of This Job:
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists to prepare climate risk analysis outputs for clients from Government, the finance industry and private sector
- Working within the technology (XDI Platform) to develop reports, slide decks and visualisations that enable easy interpretation of data and results to support client needs.
- To develop and maintain long term relationships with colleagues to help ensure client delivery is both efficient and enjoyable.
- Bring strong analysis capabilities to the role to increase the effectiveness of the team.
Climate Risk Analysis
Multiple Positions Available
Sydney & Adelaide
XDI provides physical climate risk analysis to business, government and financial institutions world-wide. Our quantitative analysis helps organisations make informed decisions regarding climate impacts to their operations and to plan adaptation actions. XDI works with sister companies Climate Risk and Climate Valuation to deliver these services.
As a result of recent growth, we are currently expanding our team of Project Managers. As Project Manager at XDI you will be responsible for driving the delivery of projects for clients in infrastructure, finance and government both locally and internationally, and contributing to our mission to shift the dial on climate change in corporate action. You will need to take ownership of significant client relationships, working collaboratively across the organisation to deliver outstanding insights and value to our customers and help expand participation in our major projects.
You will work closely with data analysts and the science and technology team to deliver project outputs, and closely with clients in turn to ensure their needs are met, or to deepen engagement for further solutions to complex problems. You will require a sound technical understanding of XDI technology and excellent communication skills to manage external and internal relationships.
We are a values-based organisation and recruit accordingly. Your professional or voluntary experience in climate change, social justice issues or environmental activism will count toward your successful engagement.
- Take a lead role in delivery of project outputs for large and small clients
- Develop and maintain long term client relationships to support business growth
- Deepen client engagement to help create risk awareness in the client, in order to drive expansive solutions to complex problems in climate risk analysis
- Collaborate across teams to ensure high quality technical and communication outputs that satisfy customer needs
- To supervise and direct the work of data analysts towards meeting customer needs
- Maintain detailed, transparent project management systems that capture project requirements and ensure timely delivery
- To facilitate the onboarding of new clients and the training of existing ones.
- To develop and deliver reseller training programs, in support of the organisation’s expansion into new markets in Australia and overseas
For more information about key responsibilities, essential skills, qualifications, attributes and desirable skills, please refer to our advertisement on Seek.
Location – USA; New York
XDI is seeking a leader for its North American operations. This person will be responsible for leading the go to market strategy in the USA and Canada to deliver exceptional growth and market access to make a material difference to XDI business.
You will be responsible for identifying strategic business and sales opportunities throughout the region. For this, you will need a high level understanding of the technical value proposition and be able to translate it to a business proposition for prospective customers. A key part of the role will be to work with existing resellers and develop relationships with new resellers for XDI products and services.
You will bring to the position your outstanding network of C-suite connections in relevant sectors eg: finance, business, and government. You will have capacity to engage effectively at a senior level and to demonstrate the value in our solutions for physical climate risk analysis to a diverse range of decision makers. You will also have a demonstrated ability to negotiate and close complex business contracts in excess of $US1m.
We are a values driven organisation and seek a person motivated to contribute significantly to changing the conversation in business around climate change.
For more information, please send us an expression of interest plus one page outlining relevant experience.